Douglas C. Freeman
Head of Global Reflections, UniWorld Group, Inc
Douglas C. Freeman heads Global Reflections, the diversity and inclusion practice at UniWorld Group, a global, multicultural, communication and advertising firm. Global Reflections is a sophisticated line of client offerings that provide corporations with a deep portfolio of holistic diversity and inclusion best practices, customized to the client’s specific business needs. Mr. Freeman and UniWorld have completed diversity and inclusion projects for some of the world’s leading organizations, from Disney and Major League Baseball to Morgan Stanley and the European Union Commission in Brussels.
Highlights 2000 to Present
· Founder, MyFair: Diversity recruitment model for an individual corporation (inverse of career fair model), attracting hard-to-find STEM talent, utilizing a database of over 1M high school, college and young professional candidates. Examples: GMFair and RicohFair
· Founder, Inclusive Business Skills™: World’s only 7-part diversity and inclusion training program, proven to engage “the frozen middle management” layer and transform middle managers into Diversity Champions
· Founder, Mobile Diversity Learning: Over 100,000 employees have been offered Virtcom e-learning courses
· Founder, World Diversity Leadership Summit: Trained over 3,000 diversity and inclusion practitioners
· Founder, d-ROI — “big data” analytics and metrics solution: diversity–Return on Investment™; over $1B in proven (i.e., measured) cost savings and revenue growth
· Founder, Global Women’s Leadership Forum©: One of the first women’s middle management leadership development events; launched in Europe and migrated to the United States
· Founder, Global Partners Program: 1-year bootcamp of consortium multinationals designed to launch diversity initiatives outside the United States
Past speaking engagements include
International Women’s Day, at UN
UN Global Compact/ILO Global Diversity Dialogue, London
UK Parliament’s Ethnic Minority Task Force
European Union Commission’s Ethnic Minority Summit, Brussels, Belgium
International Diversity Symposium, Vienna, Austria
International Paper CEO Forum, Memphis
Diversity Best Practices Conference (three times)
Global Women’s Leadership Forum, London
Employment, Equality and Competitiveness conference, Hungarian Parliament, Budapest
European Union Commission’s Diversity Innovation Summit, Brussels
American Institute of Architects national conferences, San Francisco & Miami
Diversity Pays Conference, Madrid, Spain
Women of Color STEM Conference, Dallas
AXA Diversity Leadership Forum, Paris
Heidrick and Struggles Insurance Industry Diversity Conference, Chicago
CBRE Real Estate Diversity Forum, Las Vegas
Mr. Freeman has served as Vice Chairman of the United Nations Gender Equality Experts Panel, was named a 40Under40 business leader by the NYC Network Journal and is a former board trustee of Georgetown College (US educational partner of Regents Park College, Oxford University). He recently served on the Dean’s Alumni Leadership Council at the JFK School of Government, Harvard University.
Mr. Freeman holds a master’s degree in public policy, focused on international trade and finance, from Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, where he was a Woodrow Wilson Fellow, and a BA from the University of California at Berkeley.
He is a two-time British Columbia Under-19 Rugby All-Star; was a two-time Canadian Universities “All-Canadian” (Ontario Universities) and was selected for the Canada Under-21 team as a Rugby All-Star. Mr. Freeman is the son of Grammy Award-winning conductor Maestro Paul Freeman, the first African-American to lead a Canadian Symphony Orchestra.